So I guess these are out now.
Frankly, I was a little surprised – we actually came across a couple of stray boxes on the shelf at Walmart a couple of days ago and it almost made me wonder if they had been put out on accident, but now that Amazon has them up for sale, too, it looks like LEGO just doesn’t have all of their marketing ducks in a row on this one. I mean, even today they still don’t have any content on their LEGO Toy Story promo page – something I noticed last week when a promo went out in their fan club magazine. Maybe it shouldn’t surprise me all that much because I also see that they haven’t fixed the error on their site related to this promo that I pointed out around the same time, either – that being that the fan club mailing lists http://toystory.lego.com as the official website for the new series, however that link doesn’t actually exist on their site … the correct link is http://www.lego.com/toystory/. The e-mail reply stated that they’d “forward it to their web team,” but I guess I just would’ve thought that the launch of a new product line would’ve warranted a little more urgency when misinformation was being distributed.
Not to mention, I can add a redirect like that on any of my websites and the setup takes all of about 30 seconds, but I digress…
Regardless, I suppose we should just be happy that the series is now “out,” despite the less than glorious fanfare. So far some of them look pretty cool and others look iffy, so while I’m not entirely sure if we’ll collect the whole set, I am looking forward to seeing a better display of what’s available the next time we’re over at the LEGO store at Downtown Disney!
To infinity, and beyond!
…but also somewhat frustrating and hard on the feet.
- 13:51 twitpic.com/vr6mz – Is it just me or are toy marketers just getting lazy??? #
- 20:16 twitpic.com/vt0n1 – It’s a bowl with a slightly abrasive bottom – AMAZING!!! #
- 21:27 This gym is simply way too cold for proper musclar rejuvenation… #
- 00:40 The neighbor kids are still running around outside – not only is it 12:40am, but it’s 54 degrees outside. WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEIR PARENTS?! #
- 15:53 Now following @smilinstanlee specifically because of this tweet… (tinyurl.com/yd36s6h) #
- 15:56 @edeckers Per en.support.wordpress.com/plugins/ – Plugins are not permitted on WordPress.com for various security reasons. #
- 23:04 twitpic.com/vok0i – Last Christmas cookies of 2009 – Chocolate Gingerbread Mickeys #
- 14:50 twitpic.com/vhfh1 – Wii games nobody needs – part 137… #
- 16:11 twitpic.com/vhskb – But feel free to smoke in the REST OF THE STORE!!! #
- 16:22 twitpic.com/vhudn – Cheeseburger-flavored Pringles??? #
- 16:29 twitpic.com/vhvmu – I’ll give ’em Valentine’s Day because it’s the next one but EASTER ALREADY?! #
- 16:35 twitpic.com/vhwob – is it possible to buy $25 worth of food at Denny’s??? #
- 03:34 Wife and I can’t seem to get over why Mario stops wearing his hat after you save the princess in Super Mario Wii. #
- 03:35 Did he lose his hat? Is he making a statement, like, "Fuck it – I saved her AGAIN … I’m done with the uniform. I never liked that hat…" #
- 03:37 Maybe he’s just taking a much-needed break and opting to let his hair down for a change? Who would know the answer to this vital question?! #
- 21:11 New TSA measures "designed to be unpredictable" … also "stupid" and "pointless" *sigh* (tinyurl.com/ybdjztf) #
- 21:13 "H
urry up! Make busy … security … terrorists … ummmm … liquids and gels … carry-ons … safety … priority … freedom." #
- 21:15 What do you say we just stop domestic air travel in the continental U.S. and call it a day? How long will the security theater continue?! #
- 21:16 "Until freedom wins, son. Not terrorists. Now just sit there quietly and be happy you’re free! Also, 9-11…" #tsa #sigh #
- 21:46 Just started re-listening to the Penny Arcade / PVP D&D podcasts … Jim Darkmagic of the New Hampshire Darkmagics is born! #
- 13:55 Awesome – the neighbors got a trampoline for Christmas, and it’s right next to our bedroom window. Nothing like waking up to screaming kids! #
- 14:41 Going to pick up the ham! #
- 14:59 Perk of living in Florida – driving around with the top down on Christmas Eve. #
- 15:11 Waiting in line for the ham! #
- 15:23 twitpic.com/v06m0 – Got the ham! #
- 15:52 Stuck in traffic, snacking on ham! #
- 16:07 U-turn in the road, returning to Hone
yBaked to replace the ham that was just greedily devoured with a whimsical, holiday fashion! #
- 16:12 Just kidding … I do not condone texting OR eating ham while driving. Enjoy your ham safely this holiday season, folks! #
- 22:27 twitpic.com/v2qdj – Merry Fondue-Mas!!! #
- 23:58 T-Minus 4 minutes and counting until Christmas. Does everybody have their Santa traps, errr, I mean milk and cookies ready?! #