I feel like I’m currently living this movie because for almost the last two weeks, my schedule has been exactly the same like clockwork:
- Get up sometime late in the morning
- Try to do a little work – writing or day job
- Do something on my list – work on the nursery, laundry, cleaning, etc…
- Sara comes home from the hospital mid-afternoon and updates me on how Christopher’s doing
- She takes a nap after breast pumping and I do some more work
- Later in the evening, we pack up and head back to the hospital for Christopher’s nighttime feeding and checks
- Grab late night dinner from a dwindling selection of places that offer takeout after 10pm
- Stay up watching TV for a while because I have no energy to be creative at that point
- Rinse and repeat
I can say that I’m at least getting fairly good at knowing whether it’s a weekend or a weekday, though specifically which one is often still a stumper as I find myself driving that path to the hospital that I could pretty much take in my sleep at this point!
And on one hand, don’t get me wrong – we’re certainly grateful for the cautious attention that they’re continuing to give the little guy because the last thing that we want to do is have to bring him back a few days after taking him home because they took him off the monitors too earlier … he is still only 36 weeks at this point and 37 was technically our most recent of goals.
But at the same time, boy will it sure be nice to only have to commute down the hall as opposed to across town to see this little guy…