- sighing in relief as I depart on Friday, knowing that at least the bulk of what I wanted to get done actually got done
- maintaining an actual sleep schedule
- not checking my e-mail every 15 minutes to see if I’ve gotten any new book orders (ok, so I’ll probably still do this one…)
- not being up writing at 4:00am to meet a 6am deadline
- actually having a “buffer” for my humor column
- not having a checklist that looms overhead with tasks that I haven’t finished yet
Good grief, do I need a break!