So they recently announced the latest cast to jump through hoops for The Donald on The Celebrity Apprentice and surprisingly enough, it looks like this year might actually have a better chance of retaining my interest than the last! Season 4 was a bit rough for me because although there were a select few favorites (namely the finalists, Marlee Matlin and John Rich), the majority of the cast just really didn’t do much for me and so it was sometimes a little hard to get excited about the show when it just had so many obnoxious people on it!
That said, this year there are actually already a handful of people who in my mind could make for a fun, or at least an interesting season…
- George Takei – Although I never really watched Star Trek, the man is freaking hilarious on Facebook and Twitter … plus, quite the saucy fellow, which could get interesting in its own right! Oh my…
- Penn Jillette – Outspoken and ever-opinionated, this guy is going to have some great arguments with people because he actually brings logic and reasoning to the table!
- Lou Ferrigno – Hulk Smash!!!
- Arsenio Hall – Out of the whole bunch, maybe it’s just me but it seems like Arsenio is the one who should be a little too famous to be on this show. I mean, the man interviewed Jim Henson and Kermit the Frog back in 1990!
- Paul Teutul, Sr. – Believe it or not, way back in the day when it first started, I actually used to watch American Chopper. I’ve since heard through the grapevine that these guys are kind of jerks, but it could still be interesting to see Big Paul outside of his element.
- Adam Carolla – Although I’m not sure that I’d agree with much of his political views these days, Adam used to host The Man Show on Comedy Central, and it was pretty great when I was in my early 20s!
- Tia Carrere – No clue what she’s been doing since then, but way back in the day she used to date a pretty cool guy named Wayne Campbell, so this is another
blastblitz from the past that I’m curiously looking forward to…