It was a pretty busy weekend.
I had to spend probably 25-30 hours plastered in front of the computer doing busy work from Friday through tonight, but it was that kind of work where you can have stuff playing in the background without completely botching it up. Now normally I’d just flip through YouTube videos when I’m working on something like this, but knowing that it was going to be so time consuming, I figured that I couldn’t really afford to keep flipping over to the other computer to pick new videos every couple of minutes!
Instead I ended up going through a huge stack of full-length movies – some on DVD and some online (and it still amazes me how many feature-length movies can be found on YouTube – seriously, how many legitimate 2-hour long uploads do they get that they can’t filter for that a bit better?!). Anyways, here’s what I watched…
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Loved the books, and I didn’t think that the movie was as horrible as everyone else seemed to think that it was. Martin Freeman is fun as Arthur Dent and Zooey Deschanel hadn’t quite hit her so quirky I’m obnoxious-phase yet, and Mos Def is just cool. Decent start to my two-day marathon…
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail – Honestly haven’t watched this movie since high school, when I kinda swore off watching it because I had friends who could recite the entire movie from memory anyways. Funny movie, though … makes me feel guilty for not being better versed in the Monty Python universe.
- Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-Long Blog – Not as long as the previous two, but very hilarious and it’s got a great soundtrack to boot! “With my freeze ray I will stop.”
- War Games – I was starting to run out of options of what I could find freely available on YouTube – it was either this, Armageddon, The Sixth Sense, or a handful of 3rd rate movies that happened to be in Spanish. Still a good movie, though I probably wouldn’t go too far out of my way to watch it these days.
- GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords – Last YouTube video of the night – can you tell?! I actually really liked the GoBots because that’s what I got instead of Transformers, and I still think I got the better end of the deal. I just wish some more of the cartoons were readily available these days because this movie was kinda dumb … what I really wanted was the GoBot movie with the Power Suits and The Last Engineer, but I’ve searched and searched and can’t seem to find it anywhere!!!
- Ocean’s Eleven – This classic remake kicked off day #2 of my work session. I wanted to start with Office Space, on account of having to work on the weekend, but couldn’t find the disc. I’ve always loved Ocean’s Eleven, though – it’s funny, it’s lighthearted, nobody gets killed, and you don’t feel that bad about Benedict getting robbed because he’s kind of a jerk anyways! Sad that they tried to keep the magic going and failed miserably with two more sequels, but I don’t let that affect the first one for me because it’s one of those movies that I’ll pretty much watch any time it comes on TV.
- Uncle Buck – “You should see the toast – I couldn’t even fit it through the door!” “If that’s true we’re going to really have to start brushing our teeth…” “He’s cooking our garbage!”
- Kris and Scott’s Scott and Kris Show – I affirmed the last hour of my work by revisiting this project from earlier in 2012 (or was it 2011?). Goofy show, though I get the impression that it was too expensive to bother making a second season of it, which is kind of a shame because I think any time we find ourselves with more Scott and Kris (or Kris and Scott), it’s ultimately a good thing.
I’m sleepy now. Night night!