So it’s finally here! After two long weeks of waiting and running from hurricanes and arguing with delivery personnel over the phone, my new TV finally came yesterday and I’m happy to say that vegging around all day is about to be taken to new heights! No “couch sores” yet, but I’ve really only had a chance to watch a handful of movies thus far…
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (it was on when I was calibrating the TV, but I just didn’t have the heart to turn poor Arnie off)
- Independence Day (the first realsci-fi flick to grace my big screen)
- Die Hard 3…with a Vengence(again, it happened to be on and I didn’t feel like getting up to swap DVDs)
- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (the subtle, yet quite apparent homosexual give-and-take between Frodo and Samlooked strikingly beautiful in all of its widescreen glory!)
- The Sum of All Fears(okay, really just the part when the bomb goes off, but it still makes the list)
- National Geographic – Exploring the Everglades (hey, it beats working…)Overall I’m very happy with my purchase – it was something that I probably should’ve done a long time ago…but then again, I couldn’t exactly afford it a long time ago, but times they are a changing. Now all that’s left is for me to buy a hot-air popcorn popper and I’ll have the complete home theater experience alive and kicking here in casa de Scott!
Suggestions for tomorrow night’s feature presentation???